1. Put your music on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
| 1) IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY? |
| All I Am is All You're Not (pfft, damn right I am!) |
| 2) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? |
| Talk Show Host (uhhh…wow, I hope that's not true...) |
| 3) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? |
| The Only Living Boy in New York (I guess I have high standards?) |
| 4) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? |
| Gold In Them Hills (actually, kind of fitting.) |
| 5) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?? |
| Ignoreland (well, I am a champion at ignoring stuff 'til the last possible minute) |
| 6) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? |
| Pluto (yeah! Be like the non-planet planet, bitches!) |
| 7) WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? |
| Supernatural Superserious (huh, interesting.) |
| 8) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? |
| Who Loves The Sun? (kind of zen, yes?) |
| 9) WHAT IS 2+2? |
| I Am A Wicked Child |
| 10) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? |
| A Wolf At The Door (oh, gosh...sorry, April) |
| 11) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? |
| Bear & The Barbed Wire (Ooh, he's pointy!) |
| 12) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? |
| Cosmic Thing (heehee, awesome!) |
| 13) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? |
| Cool It Down (yeah, man--enough with the questions!) |
| 14) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? |
| I'm Not A Kid Anymore (dammit, that would have worked so much better for the previous question…or the next, for that matter) |
| 15) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? |
| Spin The Black Circle (huh…my parents really are weird.) |
| 16)WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? |
| Subterranean Homesick Alien (that would've been cool, actually) |
| 17) WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? |
| The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) (…ummm...ouch!) |
| 18) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? |
| Knives Out (really! Angelina and I play it all the time together!) |
| 19) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? |
| We Walk The Same Line (yes, it's true--I'm stalking you....) |
| 20) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? |
| Tango Till They're Sore (damn straight!) |
| 21) WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN? |
| Accelerate (speed does kill, you know.) |
| 22) HOW WILL YOU DIE? |
| Friendship (oh, dear…) |
| 23) WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET? |
| Wall of Death (yeah...I shouldn't have built that....) |
| 24) WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH? |
| Lewis (Mistreated) (yeah, I'm mean like that. Take that, Lewis! Ha-ha!) |
| 25) WHAT MAKES YOU CRY? |
| Reckoner (uhh...they can't all be winners, eh?) |
| 26) WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED? |
| Meeting In The Aisle (wow, nice job, Shuffle!) |
| 27) WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST? |
| Burn For It (Hmm, a little latent religious fear of hell there?) |
| 28) DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU? |
| Poor Helpless Dreams (aww, how pitiful am I?) |
| 29) IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE? |
| Losing California (yeah, you heard me. Stupid state.) |
| 30) WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW? |
| Alarm Call (my ears!) |
| 31) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? |
| Scatterbrain (this came up one question too soon…) |
| 32) HOW DOES THE WORLD SEE YOU? |
| Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (err, revolving doors? I feel as though my delicate female sensibilities should be somehow offended) |
| 33)WILL I HAVE A HAPPY LIFE? |
| Circus Envy (so...I'll live in such a way that clowns will be jealous of me? Cool, I guess...) |
| 34)WHAT DO MY FRIENDS REALLY THINK OF ME? |
| Believe in Me (aww, that's nice) |
| 35) DO PEOPLE SECRETLY LUST AFTER ME? |
| Karate (huh?) |
| 36) HOW CAN I MAKE MYSELF HAPPY? |
| Paranoid Android (doesn't everyone need one of those?) |
| 37)WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LIFE? |
| Vancouver Divorce (yikes, how do I break that to Allan?!) |
| 38) WILL I EVER HAVE CHILDREN? |
| Reason For Our Love (Ohh, nononono, that is most certainly NOT the reason.) |
| 39) WHAT IS SOME GOOD ADVICE FOR ME? |
| Polyethylene (parts 1 & 2) (Damn right! Plastics IS the future!) |
| 40) HOW WILL I BE REMEMBERED? |
| Brandy Alexander (Remembered as a beverage? Well, there are worse ways...) |
| 41) WHAT IS MY SIGNATURE DANCING SONG? |
| Underwhelmed (appropriate, as that is how anyone would in fact feel about my dancing) |
| 42)WHAT DO I THINK IS MY CURRENT SIGNATURE SONG? |
| Black Swan (yes, this works. It is fucked up indeed.) |
| 43) WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK MY SONG IS? |
| The Good In Everyone (yeah, that kind of works too…I think I come off as a diplomatic sort.) |
| 44) WHAT TYPE OF MEN DO YOU LIKE? |
| Troublemaker (oh, so not true!) |
| 45) WHAT IS MY DAY GOING TO BE LIKE? |
| Superconnected (hmm, intriguing!) |

3 comments:
So it appears you've taken a liking -- or at least devoted precious iPod space -- to EBTG?
Yes, I have--great recommendation! It tends to take me a long time to warm up to a band and I haven't devoted a whole lot of time to giving them a proper listen yet (having ended up with a whole lot of new music in my hands at once), but my first impressions have been good.
Overall, I think I prefer Acoustic to Amplified Heart. I particularly like Come On Home--especially the absolutely brilliant line, "every day's like Christmas Day without you--it's cold and there's nothing to do." Also really like the cover of Downtown Train, although Allan prefers the original.
I'm just pleased to share the wealth. Don't worry, Amplified Heart will grow on you if you give it the chance. Ben Watt plays some amazingly spare and clear piano on that album.
I love their take on Downtown Train...the realization of it as a duet is brilliant. Tom Waits is unique, so there's really no way to compare the two versions.
And maybe you aren't in a forlorn enough place to fully appreciate Driving (which fate I'm not going to wish upon you!), but it is simply one of my all-time favorite songs melodically and lyrically:
"Some days
I find the old ways
Frighten me too easily"
and the chorus:
"If you call me home
I'll come driving
I'll come driving
Fast as wheels can turn"
I'm just an old ball of mush.
Post a Comment