Oh, yes, boys and girls--it's almost that day! The day you've all been waiting for! Okay, the day I'VE been waiting for. Yes, tomorrow is the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission's Annual Wine, Beer and Spirits Showcase! For three blissful hours, I will be surrounded by tables featuring over 100 different sorts of beverages, all free for the sampling. The possibilities? Endless, my friends!
With my wonderful husband and our friends in tow, we shall proceed to sample until we can no longer stand on our own two feet. The cost of admission, $30 each. Cab ride home, $25. Annual Wine, Beer and Spirits Showcase experience? Priceless. It's our third time going to this event...The first year, I ended up in rough shape...and very thankful that the room we crashed in had an ensuite bathroom (I'm pretty sure I cleaned up after myself quite well...if not, my apologies to Steve and Kirsty!). My own damned fault; when the announcer said "Ladies and gentlemen, the showcase will be ending in 15 minutes," my intoxicated self interpreted it as, "Ladies and gentlemen, for the love of pete, drink as fast as you can before the bastards put it away!!!" Last year, I held up pretty well...my dear husband, however, was damned near incoherent. Maybe this year, we'll both be well-behaved...or the opposite?
An interesting twist this year, though. My good-hearted but at times painfully mopey co-worker, who has become a part of my regular social crew (to my occasional chagrin), will be at this event. As well, my boss has decided that he's going, too! Not that I'm too worried about getting trashed in front of the boss--it's a small office, we've already seen everybody at their worst. But...it will be interesting. I'm just not used to hanging around with the boss-man in a non-work social setting (work parties aside). Anyway, I don't think the presence of co-workers will affect my social time too much...I would prefer a little more separation of work life and social life, but what can I do when the co-worker befriends my friends? *sigh*
Anyway, that's my exciting Friday night...I'd better enjoy it, 'cause I don't have many of those in the run of a year!
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

1 comment:
Oh lordy, I am filled with jealousy. Enjoy your massive amounts of free booze! And believe me, there are worse things than seeing your boss at home, like having your Dad be your boss. Awkwardness.
Post a Comment