Friday, November 14, 2008

Ahh, Almost-Saturday!

Mmm, it's the cusp of the weekend. Delicious Saturday awaits--I'll wake up at about 9:30, maybe lounge in bed with my rather adorable husband Allan for a bit, then get up and head to the Farmer's Market. There, I'll meet my friend (a.k.a. my "Market Husband," since the real one doesn't enjoy the Market at all) and his girlfriend, maybe another couple of buddies will show...we'll chat with the vendors and grab some fair-trade coffee and breakfast, and just sit and be mellow. Ahhh, bliss. Last time the Market Husband and I were there, we sat around talking 'til closing time (1:00 pm), and we went home with free bread (one couple didn't want to pack all of their wares to take home with them!) and an apple pie (just because we offered one of the ladies our assistance fixing her car). It's just so nice to be part of a lovely little community like that! I love my Market buddies!

Then, it's home to my husband, our critters, and the crossword. Every Saturday, three generations of my family sit down to the NY Times crossword puzzle (consequently, every Sunday, my dad, grandma, and I consult each other to check our answers). It's a couple of hours of relaxing, positively brain-tingling wordplay. (Speaking of which, dammit, I still have to watch Wordplay! I gave it to my dad for his birthday with the express purpose of borrowing as soon as he was done watching. Yeah, I'm a selfless gift-giver.... Anyway, Allan is watching Hellboy right now, so I guess it'll have to wait....)

*sigh* Yup, I love these selfishly fabulous Saturdays. Honestly--the thought of having to give them up for another person is the best mo-fo birth control a gal could ever dream of!

2 comments:

Jeremy Feist said...

Oh my Godtopus, you guys have a farmer's market? Damn! As much as I love the city, I cannot resist those things. I'm just gonna spend my weekend binge drinking and putting off the various assigments I have due next week. Suck it, higher education!

meaux said...

Yep, the joys of living in a fairly rural area. I have bought cheese made from the milk of goats that the farmer knows by name! ("Oh, yes, I think this week's batch cam from Suzie.") So freakin' cute!

Mmmm, binge drinking and procrastination...yup, brings me back to my student days....