Argh, dammit, dammit, dammit!
I'm getting a free trip to St. John's, Newfoundland. Home of the famous George Street, with its fifty zillion bars open 'til the wee hours. It's where I went to grad school, and I still have lots of friends there. It's all paid for, because I'm needed to attend a meeting Thursday afternoon. Awesome, right? Right???
But no, no...it kind of sucks. I have two reports for work that are due this week. I have a field program starting tomorrow (more fish stuff, this time here in Cape Breton), which I was really looking forward to. In order to minimize the amount of time I need to get someone to sub in my field work for me, I will be shucking off my chest waders to leave here tomorrow at 6 (arriving at midnight in Newfoundland)....and returning Friday at 5:30 in the morning, to arrive back here at 8:30 to get back into my waders.
Why do I have to go there? Haven't these people ever heard of teleconferencing?!! Oh, and when did I find out about this little trip? Two o'clock this afternoon. Argh! No warning!
Ah, well. I'm sure it won't suck entirely, and maybe-just-maybe I can meet up with a buddy there (I just put out the word on good ol' Facebook that I'm heading that way). Hey, on the bright side, because it's so last-minute, everything in town is booked up except for a $250/night spot called the Ryan Mansion. Sweet, eh?! Hey, maybe I'll pull an all-nighter on George Street and go straight from there to the airport. I've done that before.
Of course, last time I did that, I wasn't expected to strap on an electrofishing unit and head in to a stream......huh, maybe I'll have to pass on George Street.
Rats.
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

1 comment:
Awww, that's five kinds of suck, meaux honey. promise me you won't pass on the booze. something tells me you'll be needing it.
Post a Comment