So, I survived the first round of surveys with the bird expert, and am very grateful to be back with my lovely office-mates. Bird guy wasn't too creepy this time around, just tedious. In fact, if I hadn't had such a bad first encounter with him, I mightn't have minded him at all this time, but you know how once a person gets so firmly on your bad side, they can do or say nothing without it grating on your nerves? Yeah, it's like that. And I'm going to be working with him on at least six more surveys. *sigh*
Anyway, apparently I hid my distaste fairly well, because at the end of our last day, he casually remarked that I "didn't seem as put off by him as I did the first time we worked together," as though he thought it was entirely my problem that I didn't get his sense of humour back then.
My terse response: "Uhh...well, sometimes it just takes a while to figure out how to take a person, I guess."
What I was screaming in my mind while visualizing throttling him with his binocular straps: "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR PENIS THIS TIME! OR YOUR FATHER'S PENIS! OR DEAD, PUTREFYING CORPSES BOBBING ALONG MERRILY IN THE GODDAMNED BROOK! YOU BIG, STUPID FUCKING OAF!!!"
Godtopus give me strength....
(Although, speaking of strength, I do think the 3 hours of walking in a bog every time we do these surveys is going to do wonders for my legs. Oh, and the walking is so tough that the bird expert doesn't talk much while we're walking to and from the study site. There, a silver lining.)
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

3 comments:
Okie-Doke, once the penis talk started you were totally justified in your desire to strangle him and no court in the land would have convicted you. Hell, they might have given you a gold star and some nice cookies. I've worked with such people - male and female - and, really is there any need for it?
Meaux, I appreciate the work that you do but as far as the bog-walking goes... errrm, I have no job envy!
a short vietnamese woman cuts my hair. and pops my neck. and once a month, touches up by brow line, but that's not the point. she was telling me she was at a wal-mart, paying for items and a tall (i mean, I'M tall to her) gentleman was standing behind her and was standing so close, the cashier thought they were together. she moved up but was against the counter herself and he PRESSED into her.
my advice was to turn around and grab him by the nads. and inflict!
she didn't want to, for whatever fear. but in a wal-mart, they would totally have him doing that on camera at the register.
i don't know why i told you this.
you're pretty cool, meaux.
guiltypartner...*does some quick research* Hey, it's gp, awesome! Welcome, sir--nice parrot!
Well, guys, I'm not saying physical violence won't happen, but I really should try to keep things civil so's that I can glean every speck of avian knowledge I can from the weirdo. We'll see how it goes. I'll try to keep the bitching to a minimum (promise my next post will be about something different!).
Yeah, Spender, I can't say I love the bogwalking....ugh!
Post a Comment