Ugh, it's the most busiest time of the year. Most of the work we do is for government clients, and they need everything done in time for fiscal year end. This means that all the work we do needs to be reported on by the end of this month. Wouldn't be so bad if I was able to focus on my own stuff exclusively, but other people need field work done, and I'm one of the few folks in the office who can do the work (not that I'm particularly talented; just that I'm not pregnant, nor am I too senior to be doing field work), so I'm expected to pitch in even though I really don't have the time. We've been working through weekends, and we brought in a guy from another office to help out for a couple of weeks, but even with him in town we didn't finish the job, so I'll probably be back out there this week assisting the lead guy.
What really drives me is the fact that the people who were organizing the job couldn't get their shit together, and so we didn't actually get to the site and get started until much later than we should have most mornings. Fucking ridiculous! If people were just a bit more organized, we'd be fucking well done, and I could be focusing on my own work by now. Argh!!!
*sigh* Rant over, for now. Just had to get that out of my system. How is that cloning research coming along, anyway....?
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

3 comments:
Glurg.
There is nothing more ridonkulously annoying than people who can't get their shizz straight, especially when you know you're in a busy period.
I guess you can't say "your lack of planning is not my life crisis, I'll help you when I get to it," can you? Cuz that solves so many problems right up front. Sure, it may earn you the odd dirty look, and limit your career advancement, but eventually they'll stop asking and you can get your life and work back on track!
Actually, that doesn't sound very nice, but if you can be diplomatic about it the system really can work that way.
(Or you can just say "now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!")
Thanks for the sympathy, guys--I had a much more productive office-based week, just spent one day in the field working on the program from hell. Which, by the way, is still not finished.
Glurg indeed.
But, not my problem, and my own reports are almost up to date, so I'm a much happier little camper this weekend!
Post a Comment