My father's sense of humour is the stuff of legend in my family. For example, there was the time he found a dead beaver by the side of the road and brought it home so he could put it in our driveway, tucking an empty beer bottle under its limp arm so that it looked to be dead drunk when mom's sister showed up for a visit. It's become so ridiculous, my cousin Stephen was once asked, "Oh, come on--there's not really an 'Uncle Bobby', is there?"
Yup, that's my dad all right. I've been told I have his sense of humour...starting to question whether that's a good thing, as he has officially outdone himself.
Dad went in for some minor abdominal surgery today. When the doctors got started, they opened up his surgical gown and discovered a note that he had tied to his...um...er...naughty bits that read, "Dear Doctors, please be careful with this, as it's the only one I have. Signed, Linda" (yup, that's my mom's name).
Apparently the medical staff in this hospital had a sense of humour, because when dad woke up, he found a note tied to his gown that said, "Dear Linda, We gave it an extension. Hope it helps. Best wishes, the doctors."
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

6 comments:
Ahahahah! I love your dad. He's awesome like Lainey's dad.
*Snortle* Oh my God, that was funny. I have to remember to pull that one next time I go to the Doctor.
Heehee, I know. He is something.
I was talking with him today about his little prank, and he said, "The problem is, nobody else in the hospital knew WHY the doctors burst out laughing when they saw me on the operating table." *snicker* Good grief.
My dad is funny, too, but he's way too Catholic to pull that one off. Hat's off to your father, Meaux.
Sofia, I was shocked that my (also pretty darned Catholic) mother was so amused by Dad's gag--I'd have thought she'd be just appalled!
I think it's awesome that your dad is so fun AND that the medical staff is, too! Fantastic!
I hope he's recovering well.
Post a Comment