Hey, fellow Canucks--happy Thanksgiving, and hope you all had a lovely long weekend! Me, I can't complain. Two turkey dinners, one with the parents and one with the mother in law, plus we were sent home with an entire pumpkin pie from mom (she makes the best pie ever) and all the leftovers from MIL's dinner (she makes the best stuffing ever). Win-win, baby. Win-win.
Oh, and happy Columbus Day, dear friends to the South....I'm sure that's a fun holiday, too..... *snicker*
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

6 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving, Meaux Dahling! Oh, what a weekend this was. Pierre had a DVD release party, where I promptly got drunk off my ass. Thank god for Jeremy Hall, who kept me steady on my feet.
The day after, I had to weather both work and my mother's thanksgiving with a raging hangover. Say what you will about Divorce, but I get two of every major holiday. Wooo!
And today was my Dad's birthday, so we went out to a chinese buffet.
On thanksgiving.
Classy.
Oh, and guess who was the only person to buy him a present, and then had to write the names of all four cheap ass brothers on the card? Yup. Me.
Buddy, sounds like YOU had an interesting Thanksgiving! On the bright side, Chinese buffet would have to be a nice change from yet another turkey dinner....
Lucky for me, I had most of a day to get over my pre-dinner hangover from Friday night's work party! Seeing as I'm the only childless one in my office, it wasn't too wild a night, though.
Well, Columbus day was Sunday, which means we didn't get the day off... so yeah, thanks for nothing, Meaux.
Jeremy, as the oldest in my family, I'm familiar with the "So, uh… that gift can be from all of us, right?" problem.
And thank you, meaux, for the holiday wishes. I'm really not sure that we still need to celebrate a day for a guy who basically got lost, and then wiped out a bunch of natives, but it's not my call.
Rusty & Meaux: Dad's birthday was HELL. I love them, really I do, but to be honest, my family isn't exactly classy folk. Or maybe I'm just spending way too much time on Pajiba. Can't say for sure. Anyways, I bought him Iron Man on DVD, because, well, everyone loves that movie!
And to answer your question, no, it was in no way weird playing tonsil hockey with a porn star who happens to have the same name as you. In fact, I highly reccomend it.
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, Meaux! My Columbus Day was really great. We decorated and sang songs and had a couple of moments of silence for the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria. You know, the traditional Columbus Day extravaganza!
Post a Comment