Huh...wow...almost a month since my last post, eh? I feel so negligent. Gosh, what's new with me? Hmm, remarkably little.
Although...it seems my seabird past life has come back to haunt me. Within a week of posting about Crazy Bill, by sheer coincidence my old masters supervisor emailed me out to ask if I was interested in publishing another paper or two based on my research (which will be absolutely awesome if I can find the time), and I was asked by the editor of a scientific journal to review a paper on penguin parental behaviour (I've never reviewed a paper before, so was kind of excited to be asked). Oh, and I heard from one of my grad-school buddies for the first time in about five years. He's now off to the arctic for some field research. How cool is that?! (pun only slightly intended)
Meanwhile, back in my environmental consultant present life, things are starting to get super-busy. Many projects on the go, all with reports to be written that are all due at the same time. Between now and then, there's also a pile of field work to be done--starting with next week, when I will be ass-deep in a brook for much of the time. Yes, in February. Yes, in Canada. I know!
Ah, who am I kidding--I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. As long as my waders don't leak (and I just did a bitchin' patch job on them), the work isn't ridiculously strenuous (save for a little rough bog-walking at one spot, it's really not), and my field partner is fun to work with (he is), it'll be a good time and a much-needed nice break from the office.
Yes, in my mind, I know I'll like the work...and yet, looking out the window at all the snow and ice, I'm just not looking forward to it. *shiver*
Controversial, anyone?
11 years ago

1 comment:
Yeesh, I do not envy you right now. Though on the plus side, it has been rather warm up here recently, so maybe it won't be all that bad. *Knock on wood* Anyways, good luck out there!
Post a Comment